April 14, 2009

Shiny New Things

Recently, I've made some purchases that I'm really excited about, but for various reasons, haven't worn yet.

Vintage Betmar hat

The orange-red color of this hat is fantastic.  It will make a nice addition to my summer hat collection. I'm still playing around with outfits for it, though I think there will be lots of possibilities.

Vintage 60s dress

I found this dress at Knee Deep Vintage in Chicago. It fit me perfectly; I think that it was waiting there for me. I love the Valley of the Dolls quality it has to it: the bright orange peeking out from the white cutouts and paired with a bright pink bow.  I imagine wearing it to a summer backyard bar-b-que.  I hate that it's not warm enough to wear it, but I have to get it hemmed (it hits me below the knee, and I think I need to show a little more leg with it since the neckline is so high) anyway.

Knee Deep Vintage is a wonderful little vintage shop in the Pilsen neighborhood. Not only do they sell clothing but housewares as well. There was a huge stag wall-hanging that I wanted, but I had no way to transport it back home, and I'd already spent too much. 

L.A.M.B. shoes

Another reason I can't wait for Spring: these L.A.M.B. shoes. I'm kinda loving the way they look against my tribal inspired bedspread. I'm going to have to keep a look out for something of this nature to wear with them, either that or go to Ikea and buy the fabric and fashion something of my own.  But that would be a tad ridiculous, no?

(I need a pedicure.)

No comments:

Post a Comment