April 17, 2009

Black & Brown

For the last several days, I've been obsessed with combining black and brown.  I used to hate the combination (years ago), but have since realized that a good combination can add a chic edge to an outfit. This week's obsession was set off by a photo I posted last week.  The brown bag is the perfect topper to that ensemble.  A black bag would have worked, but it wouldn't have lent the outfit the same fashion-forward feel.  The touch of brown makes it that much more dynamic, interesting. 

Here's what I've been wearing the last several days.

AA deep v-neck, H&M denim skirt, Vintage Escada belt, Target tights, Vintage boots, Betsey Johnson necklace

Grey AA Cardigan, Vintage silk dress, Escada belt, Vintage boots, Marc by Marc Jacobs striped resin bangle, F21 bangle

My cat Soy Bean wanted to join the photo shoot.

Kenzie faux fur jacket

The other day was probably one of my last chances to wear this faux fur jacket until next winter, so I had to bust it out one more time.

Closer look at my vintage boots

Last Friday I went shopping in search of some semblance of the denim I'd been lusting after online. I found these Levi's 501 that fit and cuffed exactly the way I wanted them to, just in a darker wash than I had pictured.  I bought them despite that because I love the way they fit, and that is a rare thing to find in denim.

The outfit was partially inspired by Garance'post yesterday, which relates to my post today. (Black and brown don't really 'match' per se, but they can 'go together.') I wanted to find a way to add a feminine twist to the boyfriend jean, thus the following pairing was conceived.

Vintage leopard print blouse, Levi's 501 jeans, Frye shoes, Wind chime earrings



No comments:

Post a Comment