March 18, 2009

Oh! You Pretty Things

3.1 Phillip Lim cardigan, American Apparel deep v-neck, Forever 21 shorts, Target tights, vintage boots, scarf (found at Buffalo Exchange)

Sterling silver and Lapis ring, Tiffany & Co. mesh ring

Sterling silver and Turquoise cuff (found at Tucson Buffalo Exchange)

Today I went shopping at the mall, a thing I hate to do, but I was craving new jewelry and cheap pocket tanks from Forever 21.  I ended up being successful on both fronts without spending too much money.  The pocket tanks from Forever are perfectly baggy and I think they will be fabulous summer staples. (After buying them, I missed Tucson weather; it was 85 today, apparently.)  And I found a silver leaf hinge cuff, and an armload of gold and black bangles (of various widths and designs).  I'm utterly pleased with my purchases.

I wish (as always) I had more money than I do, because I discovered, thanks to my friend, Ashley, some wonderful pendents modeled after 18th century wax seals and made from recycled silver by Pyrrha. Some of my favorites are the scissors and a stag crest, which is in the catalog, but not the website.  Also, the huge cuff with multiple seals that's pictured on the website, but not listed is mind-blowing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment