March 12, 2009

Spring Won't Come Early

Lately, I have heard many people yearning for Springtime weather here in Portland, as the temperature hovers in the mid- to high forties.  Every time I open a fashion magazine, I see nude tones, bare legs, and open-toe platform sandals.  Spring is definitely on everyone's mind, yet it seems a ways off, at least for the Northwest.  We've seen some sunshine (surprise!), but no warm weather.

Until today, I felt content with the weather.  Perhaps this is because I only moved back to the Portland area from Tucson a month and a half ago.  It was 75 degrees before I left the desert (only during the day, mind you; it still dropped to the forties at night).  While I enjoyed the sunshine and the warmer weather, I was beginning to feel as if I was living in an alternate universe.  Also, I own too many jackets and coats for someone who lives (well, lived) in Tucson.  It killed me to open my closet and see my vintage sheepskin-trimmed suede coat that I had worn a total of one time.  So, in many ways, I was more than happy to return to a city with (consistently) colder temperatures and drearier skies.

Today was a different story.  I was dying to wear a dress with bare legs.  Perhaps because, in a fit of insomnia last night, I took to all the sewing projects that I'd hadn't gotten to in months because of business, moving, and well, laziness.  I repaired one of my favorite summer dresses and there it was this morning, begging to be worn.  It was too cold for bare legs, but I made do.

Vintage dress, H&M cardigan, UO tights, BCBGirls shoes, Betsey Johnson necklace 

No comments:

Post a Comment