March 13, 2009

Happy Birthday, Bradley!

Inspired by an article I saw in Craft magazine, and by lack of funds to buy my best friend, Bradley, something he would wear to pieces from Diesel, I got crafty last weekend and made him an African Giraffe diorama.  (Giraffes are his favorite animal; he is very giraffe-like because of his height (6'4"), his grace and his gentleness.) I took such pleasure constructing this diorama; in fact, I completely lost track of time and suddenly realized it was at night and had been crafting for almost four hours.  Anytime I can capture childlike creativity, I relish.

The gift, which I mailed to him earlier this week (sadly, my boo is still in Tucson) and reached him today, turned out to be perfect.  Last night, he got a giraffe tattoo on his forearm.  I saw a picture and it is stunning! Sometimes I believe we're of the same mind.


Me: Cosabella dress, Forever 21 necklace
Bradley: H&M shirt, Leopard scarf, Diesel jeans, vintage Coach murse

To turn this posting to fashion, before I met Bradley, I barely owned any animal print.  Actually, I think the only piece I owned was a snakeskin post, seen in my previous post.  I didn't realize it until one night, when Bradley and I were hanging out and poking through my closet, he asked, "Do you have any animal print?" No, I admitted.  "Nothing," he said.  "Not even a leopard print scarf." He looked a bit aghast, and I felt a little ashamed.  

Tomorrow is his birthday and I think I will don some animal print in his honor.


1 comment:

  1. super cute photo

    http://balmainbazaar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete