March 22, 2009

Rebel, Rebel


F21 faux leather jacket (borrowed from sister), F21 sweater tank, Realitee tank top, Marc by Marc Jacobs jeans, F21 heels

Like any shoe addict, I like to torture myself by looking at beautiful and expensive shoes online and in magazines.  It's fun to pretend that I could actually own the Louis Vuitton 'Spicy' Sandal, the Alexander Wang Alexis Fringe Boots, or almost any pair of Christian Louboutin.  Alas, my wallet is not that large; in fact, I cannot even afford to buy these Jeffrey Campbell studded heels that I've been lusting after since Christmas.  So, I will settle for Forever 21. At least they can make a sexy shoe, or rather, I should say, imitate/copy/steal a sexy shoe.

On another note, I've seen multiple incarnations of cut, even shredded leggings on the runway and in magazines (most notedly, in Nylon magazine, of which I do not have the scans of at this time).  I've been craving them, but anytime I look at the attached price (always at least $40), I say to myself, 'I could make those myself.'  So, today, I bought a cheap pair of Target leggings and did just that.  I'm quite proud of the end result, but I'm saving their debut for my trip to Chicago later this week.

Speaking of Chicago, I need to pack.  Packing has never been my strong suit.  I overpack. I take things I don't end up wearing and I leave things at home that I want while I'm away.  Needless to say, I'm not looking forward to it.  The trip, on the other hand, very much so.

No comments:

Post a Comment