March 18, 2009

Little Coincidences

In my post about the Louis Vuitton show the other day, I neglected to mention that I was amused to see that Marc Jacobs incorporated a bow woven through the collar of a long sleeve sweater.  The reason being was that not two weeks before, my friend, Laurel, posted some of her most recent designs online, one of which is pictured below.  I immediately fell in love with and femininity that the bow and puff sleeves add to the t-shirt.  And the contrast of the pattern to the solid color sleeves adds a playfulness that the Louis Vuitton counterpart lacks. 


I immediately fell in love with the femininity the bow and puff sleeves add to the t-shirt.  And the contrast of the patterned bow to the solid sleeves adds a playfulness that the Louis Vuitton counterpart lacks.  I still love the Louis Vuitton version.  I think it's interesting how both garments use the same idea, yet the variations exude different attitudes.

photo via style.com

I'm visiting Laurel in Chicago in a week and I may have to snatch one of these up, or have her make me one while I'm there.  

The creation pictured above is just one of many she made for the shop, Kuzu, she's opening with her mom and sister this weekend in Tucson, Arizona.  I wish I could be there; I saw the shop last summer, in its early stages and I think it's a lovely little space.  If you are in Tucson, I recommend checking it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment